Winters are here and if you already fighting with cough, fever and dryness of the nasal passage that irritate the throat and lungs, kids‘ cough that just seems to go on and on and on and on. Some people even experience breathing problems due to blockage of nasal passages
Our society is a bit too quick to reach for over-the-counter (OTC) meds for relief of everyday ailments like an upset stomach, headaches or muscle aches. Instead, why not turn to nature for relief? Within your own kitchen, you possess all you need to calm, soothe and relax whatever minor ailment may arise.
We all know spices have been an integral part of our life for centuries, these spices add a little flavor to your dishes and provide your body with immeasurable health benefits.
Golden Turmeric Milk a simple remedy that can cure lots of health issues. Turmeric has natural antibiotic properties and milk is a rich source of calcium. The inclusion of these two natural ingredients in your everyday diet can prevent diseases and infections.
- 1/4-inch raw turmeric (kachi haldi) piece/a pinch turmeric powder [I use Al Aqmar Turmeric powder, high quality spices they sell ]
- 1 glass of milk
- Honey (or any sweetener)
- Vanilla Essence
How to make it?
- Add milk in a sauce pan
- By adding turmeric piece/powder in a pan let it boil for about 10 to 15 mins.
- You can add 2 drops of vanilla essence for fragrance
- If you want, you can add half a teaspoon of your choice of sweetener.
- Strain the prepared turmeric and milk drink and pour it into a glass.
- Drink this incredible golden milk while it’s nice and warm.
Benefits of golden turmeric milk
- Remedy for Cough And Cold
- Remedy for Joints Pain
- Aches And Pains
- Blood Purifier
- Liver Detox
- Menstrual Cramps
A word of caution
- Check for allergies before you consume turmeric milk
- Don’t go overboard with this golden drink
- Pregnant women should avoid taking too much of turmeric
- If you take aspirin or blood thinners you should totally avoid to use it.